Stone Soup

Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:31 p.m.

So someone tweets about… you know which radio show, and you follow it round to her blog which suggests you lay off the blogging. For the reasons I have been struggling to blog.

Before Twitter bit me, I would post short entries here about a nice show I'd just heard. These days though, those go on Twitter, Facebook, or the lovely AudioDocumentary.org.

So, a compromise: a collection of links and impressions.

Shappi Talk on BBC Radio 4. Two episodes in and this stand-up and interview comedy with an audience about being a foreigner really hits the spot.

Outfront has finished on the CBC.

RTÉ have a new micro-site based round the Documentary on One. It looks fab. Though I admit I haven't faced into a DocOnOne for months now.

The BBC's Save Our Sounds project continues apace, with micro site, an audible world wide web, and two on-air docs. Definitely worth checking out.

RFI staff have suspended their strike, and it's great to hear the podcasts back in French – okay so I understand next to nothing but I have to try to keep it up! The English daily broadcasts didn't seem to be interrupted much.

Interesting podcast called Listen to Africa.

Apparently there was once a famous Irish broadcaster called Liam Nolan. I'll be honest I had never heard of this Today programme presenter.

Finally, by next month, I'll be in a permanent job – my first in six years in radio – at another of the stars of international broadcasting, WRN. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Tweet This!